In the Age of Litigation, who has your back?
If you are like most people, you want to protect your family as well as yourself…..Here is the Solution!
Click Here to Download Content:
What Is Self-Defense Shield and Why should I consider it?
There are a lot of choices out there, the best advice is to do your research. For me and my family…..I choose USCCA and have picked the Elite Level for the protection and peace of mind it gives me.
If you are like most people, you want to not only protect your loved ones, but have someone watching your back.
I bet you are a lot like me, in that I want to protect my family and myself and that is why you are here.
Below is Frequently Asked Questions about Self-Defense Shield and have information that compares the plans.
You’d do anything to protect your family.
But did you know…
You’re still vulnerable to criminal charges and financial ruin – even if you did everything right? Your USCCA Membership arms you with the self-defense education, training, and legal protection you need to protect your family with confidence. Because, after all, doing the right thing shouldn’t cost you everything…
Please read and click the link or feel free to call me.
- What exactly is the Self-Defense SHIELD?
The Self-Defense SHIELD is an insurance-backed member-only benefit, powered by the USCCA. It is backed by an A-rated, American insurance company. It provides USCCA members with up-front funding and professional guidance in the instance they may have to act in self-defense or in defense of others. Different levels of USCCA membership provide different limits of Self-Defense SHIELD Coverage. See the chart below to see the limits of civil and criminal coverage by level of membership
- Who can be covered under the Self-Defense SHIELD?
The Self-Defense SHIELD applies only if you can “legally possess” a firearm or other weapon of opportunity.
- Found in Section VI on page 28 of the Membership Resource Guide:
- “Legally possessed” means the insured, by operation of the applicable:
- Federal; or
- Other jurisdictional law, is authorized to own or use the firearm. “Legally possessed” includes the use of a firearm regardless of any violation of a conceal carry or similar law.
- Does Self-Defense SHIELD only cover the legal use of handguns? What about other weapons?
The Self-Defense SHIELD covers the legal use of any weapon of opportunity. This means handguns, shotguns, or rifles, as well as other defensive tools like knives, tasers, bats, pepper spray or even your own two hands.
- Does the Self-Defense SHIELD benefit cover all 50 states?
Yes, the Self-Defense SHIELD covers USCCA members in all 50 states.
- Will my spouse be covered under my Self-Defense SHIELD membership, or will these only be individual memberships?
The Self-Defense SHIELD has a convenient feature regarding families. Here’s how it works:
o Outside of your residence, the SHIELD covers only you.
o Inside your residence, the SHIELD covers you, your relatives, and any persons under the age of 21 that are in your care.
o The good news is, your spouse can get the same protection you know and trust for just a fraction of the price. You can take advantage of this discount anytime through your USCCA Member Dashboard, or by calling our Wisconsin-Based USCCA Team at 800-674-9779.
- Will I be sharing my coverage with other members?
No, you are not sharing your coverage with other members. All USCCA members are entitled to full coverage up to the limit of their membership. Additionally, you will be covered up to that limit per occurrence, where other products only cover up to that limit per year. Your coverage is backed by United Specialties Insurance Company, a subsidiary of State National Companies Inc., an A rated insurance company. This insurance policy designates every USCCA member as the insureds.
- Can I use any attorney with the Self-Defense SHIELD?
For criminal matters, Self-Defense SHIELD will provide funding for any attorney of your choice OR you can use one of the pro-2nd Amendment attorneys from the USCCA Law Network. Also, as part of our network we have dedicated attorneys that are available 24/7/365 in the event of a self-defense related incident.
For civil matters, the insurance company will provide an attorney for you.
- Will the Self-Defense SHIELD provide an attorney for me?
For criminal defense matters, members may use an attorney of their choice, or their case manager will assist them in connecting with one of the USCCA Law Network Attorneys in their area.
For civil matters, the insurance company will provide an attorney for you.
- Do Homeowners Insurance or Umbrella Policies cover this sort of thing?
Homeowners and umbrella policies RARELY specify the coverage of self-defense acts with a firearm. For many policyholders, the answer is “no.” Most standard home and auto policies contain a liability clause that specifically excludes coverage for injuries or damages caused by an intentional act such as firing a gun, even in self-defense. Even if the law recognizes your right to defend yourself, insurance companies see it differently, according to the International Risk Management Institute (IRMI). Policies often contain an intentional injury exclusion, which defines self-defense as an intentional act and therefore excluded from compensation.
If someone is accidentally injured on your property, your home insurance liability coverage will cover medical bills and the resulting legal fees. But if you fire a gun at an intruder and you end up in court, the deliberateness of the act (even if it was in self-defense) means that your home insurance policy may not cover the resulting costs.
Check with your current homeowner’s insurance provider to know for sure.
Other BENEFITS – Why I Chose USCCA
- Get your spouse covered at a fraction of the cost
- Up front defense protection instead of only if I’m acquitted
- Ability to be covered by all legal weapons
- Not just for Concealed Carry Permit Holders but self-defense like in the home
- Attorney Network or choose my own.
- Low price, better real benefits
- Your USCCA Membership is 100% risk-freewith our 365-day, money-back guarantee. Simply call the USCCA Team and you’ll receive a prompt and courteous refund, no questions asked.
- You talk to them, not a third party representative
- Crisis Response Team to help you through
- Psychological Support for you and your family
SELF-DEFENSE SHIELD: MADE FOR RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNERS
Choose The Protection
That’s Right For You
Get 100% Peace Of Mind, 100% Of The Time
*Bail bonds only require a 10% payment of the full amount, so $50,000 would cover a $500,000 bail bond.
All insurance benefits are backed by an A rated American insurance company.
Your USCCA Membership is 100% risk-free with our 365-day, money-back guarantee. Simply call our Wisconsin-based USCCA Team and you’ll receive a prompt and courteous refund, no questions asked.
Tim Schmidt, President | USCCA
Your Universal Membership Benefits
Every Level Of USCCA Membership Is Complete With These Unparalleled Benefits
- Up To $2,000,000 Civil Suit Defense And Damage Protection
- Up To $250,000 Criminal Defense Protection And Attorney Retainer
- 24/7/365 Access To The USCCA Critical Response Team
- No Annual Limits – Benefits By Occurrence
- Up-Front Bail Bond Funding
- Members-Only Deals And Discounts
- Local Attorney Coordination
- Firearm Theft Liability Coverage
- Wage Compensation While In Court
- Complete Subscription To Concealed Carry Magazine Included
- 100% Up-Front Coverage (No Deductible. No Reimbursement.)
- Personal Hardship Coverage
- Covers Use Of All Legal Weapons
- Attorney Counseling by USCCA Legal Advisory Board
- Expert Witness Coordination
- Interrogation And Grand Jury Protection
- Members-Only Online Video Library And Article Vault
- Complete Psychological Support